Thursday, April 16, 2009

Greetings from Aoteroa...NZ : ))

Dr Adrian seems to be a voice in the wilderness on the SVA blogsite... is there anybody out there among our Vet bros and sis that can spare a few minutes to send something into cyberspace? ...and keep our blog site alive...
ANW, here I go: Was at the recent NZ Food Show where in addition to having samples of cheese, wines and sausages, I looked up the stalls put up by the NZ SPCA, and tasted the egg and bacon produced to NZ SPCA standards. They also have an Accreditation Scheme, and royalties collected from free range,barn eggs and porkers are used to finance their activities. As for the bacon I tasted, I don't think we will be going that direction in a hurry..! For good meassure I went over to the Organic Eggs section and makan again ( feels a bit like the like Jom Jom Cari Makan host!) mmm..not bad ( or was it the CH3 CH2OH kicking in?). I saw a stall that say Naked Organics but my partner did not release my passport to sample...!
There was a Malaysian company selling chapati,sauces etc, represented by an NZ company...
There was a cooking session by a famous chef Donna Hay " No Time to Cook" which sounds right for me.... Now I know how to make Lemon Feta chicken, Pancetta baked egg, zucchini and mint pasta and flourless choc cake. Now,if only I can find the ingredients in Kuching, I will invite the EXCO for a dine-in...hehe. ANW, I did not buy her books....
Anyway, folks, do send something in to the our blogsite, as I think the newsletter should be replaced by the website. We must keep our blog head happy....
Have a good weekend ,all...
Dr TW

No comments:

Post a Comment